Meet the Boss: Sunny Johal - Detail
In this episode, I meet Sunny Johal of Detail; a relatively new Developer, but with big ambitions, based in Birmingham. In this episode;
- How Covid has been an accelerator on a number of fronts which has seen certain sectors grow rapidly.
- How Birmingham and other cities outside of London are seeing growing investor interest, both UK and International investors.
- Sunny’s views on the future of the industry, including the ramp up in a drive for net carbon and why the end client must be a catalyst for this.
- How the younger generation of construction professionals will also drive this change.
- The value of looking after and listening to your supply chain.
- How Sunny started life as a labourer and the value this gave him in terms of learning how to deal with everyone in the supply chain.
- How Detail actively engage with the whole supply chain to ensure they are being treated fairly.
- Why Sunny believes you should never say you can’t do anything in your career.
- The power of key mentors at the right time in your career who support your personal growth.
- The increasing need for emotional intelligence in leaders in the industry and why the industry must look at developing future leaders.
- Why Sunny doesn’t believe qualifications are the be all and end all.
This is a great listen; you see why it is clear Sunny and his business will be the future of the industry; a must listen!
To find out more about Sunny, please see his Linkedin profile;
Or check out Detail's website here:
Here is a link to the book Sunny recommended;
You may also find the following episodes a useful listen: