Help Young People - grow your business
Thank you for your interest in the Government's Kickstart scheme. Here is a brief overview:
- The scheme is designed to get young people into the workplace through a six month placement with a business.
- The Government, through a grant, will fund paying the individual for 25 hours a week on minimum wage (the employer can top this up in terms of both hourly rate and hours per week).
- The government also pays an initial grant of £1,500 to the employer for each kickstart placement they take on; this is to cover initial set up costs
- At the end the six months, you can either opt to offer the individual a permanent position or they can go back into the market, hopefully armed with news skills for prospective employers.
What is our role?
Pegasus is an approved intermediary or representative for the DWP in relation to the Kickstart scheme. To apply for the Kickstart scheme, businesses either need to apply for over 30 placements or use a representative to act on behalf of them and other businesses to collectively get to a minimum of 30, in order to put an application in. Here is what we provide:
- We collate sufficient businesses to put in a group application to the DWP.
- We manage all the communication with the DWP and keep you all informed of the process
- Once approved we can have a varying degree of involvement in helping source the right candidate for the placement
- We distribute the grants to you
You have three options now; download some additional information on the scheme, arrange a call should you want anything clarifying or proceed with the application; please click the links below;