Meet the boss: Gary Fisher
In this episode, I am delighted to be joined by Gary Fisher of Mode Consult; a small but growing consultancy offering QS and PM services based out of Bristol. In this episode we discuss;
- After working for many of the biggest names in the industry, why Gary chose to set up on his own.
- The Mode Family - how Gary works with a group of other small businesses to support each other to win work.
- Why Gary feels it is important for the senior management who win the work to be the ones who deliver the work.
- The danger of silos in larger businesses The time efficiencies that teams/zoom is bringing The Mode Academy.
- How Gary is trying to develop young talent in the industry How to keep people developing in your business Gary's views on trying to be multi-skilled across more than one discipline.
- How technology is changing the industry.
- The WFH discussion.
- The changing skillset needed in the industry and how the younger generation can help steer that.
- The challenges of growth The power of social media in building a brand
Gary would recommend reading Alex Ferguson's book on management.Here are some Episodes you might find interesting;